Acer aspire e5-575g-56we upgrade question

AsemAli
AsemAli Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My laptop is acer aspire e5-575g-56we .core i5 7th  6 gb ram 1tb hhd 
Is my laptop supports nvme ssd? and will it make my laptop faster than if I use sata ssd?
and which better. Use sata 2.5 or m.2 ssd?

I need to get the maximum speed of this laptop.
Also I want to increase the ram to 16 gb .but will the ram speed impact on laptop's speed?for example.is 8gb 2400MHz will make my laptop faster than if I use 8gb 1600mhz ?

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good evening AsemAli !

As for SSD, this model has a M.2 2280 slot for SSD Sata 3
    or NVie PCie 3x2.
    Some users have already reported that using an NVMe may cause some incompatibilities depending on the revision of the motherboard.
    The speed order is as follows: NVMe > Sata 3 > Sata 2.5 "
    However, it is only perceptible when working with very large files or amounts of information.
    If it's not your case, a 2.5 "SSD standard Sata 3 will suit perfectly.
    Of course the option of an M.2 would be better.

As for RAM this model supports up to 32Gb of RAM in 2 slots (2x16Gb) SO-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz.
    This specific model works with DDR4 and not DDR3L.
    Again, the RAM speed would only have a final impact if the use were for specific systems.
    Generally, a RAM 2133 or a 2600 would deliver the same end performance for standard users.

The question of speed and performance is more properly geared towards suitable configurations and forms of use such as:

Use Windows High Power Performance Plan
    Only use the appliance connected to the mains
    Configure the GPU and system for high performance

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good evening AsemAli !

As for SSD, this model has a M.2 2280 slot for SSD Sata 3
    or NVie PCie 3x2.
    Some users have already reported that using an NVMe may cause some incompatibilities depending on the revision of the motherboard.
    The speed order is as follows: NVMe > Sata 3 > Sata 2.5 "
    However, it is only perceptible when working with very large files or amounts of information.
    If it's not your case, a 2.5 "SSD standard Sata 3 will suit perfectly.
    Of course the option of an M.2 would be better.

As for RAM this model supports up to 32Gb of RAM in 2 slots (2x16Gb) SO-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz.
    This specific model works with DDR4 and not DDR3L.
    Again, the RAM speed would only have a final impact if the use were for specific systems.
    Generally, a RAM 2133 or a 2600 would deliver the same end performance for standard users.

The question of speed and performance is more properly geared towards suitable configurations and forms of use such as:

Use Windows High Power Performance Plan
    Only use the appliance connected to the mains
    Configure the GPU and system for high performance

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• AsemAli

Tinkerer

Thank you very much. 
  • AsemAli

Tinkerer

What if I use this ssd type ( PCIE Gen3×4 lane nvme 1.3 ) will it work?
  • MaClane
    The issue is not PCIe but NVMe technology.
    As I told you, there are already reports in the forum about the incompatibility of certain models.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• AsemAli

Tinkerer

thank you 
  • Salman1994
    Salman1994 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can i use for same model laptop SSD nvme m.2 Samsung EVO Plus 500GB And RAM DDR4 1x4 + 1x8 2400Mhz?