Not all Android apps work on my Acer CP315 Flip.

Jlexky
Jlexky Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer CP315 Flip.  Not all Android apps work on my computer.  This model is not listed on the Chrome OS Systems Supporting Android Apps.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    That's normal. Many Android apps are designed to only work on a phone (usually they can't handle tablet screen resolutions). Which specific apps are you having trouble with?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Can you use it through the browser instead of through the app? I'd use that until they can get the app fixed to work on tablets, plus open a ticket or conversation with them with your system info. I'd bet there aren't too many people trying to use their app on tablets yet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    That's normal. Many Android apps are designed to only work on a phone (usually they can't handle tablet screen resolutions). Which specific apps are you having trouble with?
  • Jlexky
    Hi.  One specific app is "Mint" by Intuit.  When I launch Mint, I get this message:  

Thanks for your assistance on this matter.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Can you use it through the browser instead of through the app? I'd use that until they can get the app fixed to work on tablets, plus open a ticket or conversation with them with your system info. I'd bet there aren't too many people trying to use their app on tablets yet.
  • Jlexky
    Thanks for the feedback re Mint.  I do use it via Chrome browser with no issues.  I'll reach out to Mint support.
  • billsey
    Let us know what they say, there are sure to be others running into the issue...