(Acer Swift SF315-52G) Start Menu and Taskbar aren't working

iamaashish1994
iamaashish1994 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The start button and taskbar aren't working of my newly bought PC. Don't know what's wrong. Tried resetting the PC. It worked fine. But after I installed Corel Draw X3, the same issue occured. And when I tried to remember, previously too, this happend right after I had installed the same software i.e. COREL DRAW. Quite strange, right? 

Is this all about Corel Draw or something else? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Yes. What version are you using? Or where did you download it from? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iamaashish1994
    @JackE

I am on Windows Version 10.0.17773.592 and Corel Draw X3 download from "http://oceanofexe.com/coreldraw-x3-free-download/" , just a random site found on google.

Is there any issue with Corel Draw in this version of Windows? I have checked this 2 times now, the issue occurs only after I install this particular software. 
  • iamaashish1994
    And yes, even Cortana doesn't work. To be precise, nothing works on the taskbar except the right click.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Click on 'Programs'. Is CorelDraw listed in Programs that can be uninstalled? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• iamaashish1994
    I had to reset the pc first time, before resetting tried number of things that didn't work. Then had no choice, so just did a reset. After resetting, everything started working.

And the second time, before installing any program I created a restore point, so that if anything goes wrong, I can revert back. And unfortunately as soon as I installed Corel Draw, and restarted the Pc, same issue occured. So this time I just restored from the restore point that I made earlier and hence, Corel Draw got deleted automatically.

Don't know yet what exactly is going to work as Corel Draw is necessary for me. 
  • JackE
    This is a known problem with some hacked versions that are being freely downloaded. They seemed to work OK with earlier Windows versions, but not Win10. There are workarounds but kind of involved.  https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/12321-taskbar-start-button-not-working.html

You might want to try running the installation file in Window7 compatiblity mode. Also disable any non-Microsoft virus scanners that may be running. To do this, right click on the installation file. Click 'properties'. Click 'compatibility' tab. Click 'run' button and select the Windows 7 compatiblity mode.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ