Slow download speed Acer nitro 5

Options
Aejay
Aejay Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought the Acer nitro 5, I'm having trouble with my download speed it slows everything on my laptop. I need solutions asap

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Is your upload speed slow as well?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Aejay
    Options
    Nope it’s was better than the download 
  • andylb
    Options
    I am presuming that you are connected to your network by Wifi. first thing to do is troubleshoot, go to Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing center/Troubleshoot problems. Run the troubleshooter and report back

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Aejay
    Options
    It says couldn’t identify the problem 
  • andylb
    Options
    Go to Device Manager then Network Adapters and right click your Wireless Network Adapter then click Uninstall and restart your laptop, it will automatically reinstall it, let me know

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Aejay
    Options
    I already fixed it but every time I turned it off or it goes to sleep it’ll come back on that problem and I have to switch my preferred band to 2.5ghz and back to 5ghz
  • andylb
    Options
    OK I have researched it and your problem is quite simple. Your Wifi Router has both bands and your laptop is preferring the 2.5ghz band. there are two ways to fix this, you can change the 2.5ghz SSID in your router or preferably disable 2.5ghz entirely you don't need it because the 5ghz is much faster.

Or you can change the network selection priority in your laptops Network adapter, read this
    https://anderson.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014906108-Change-Preferred-WiFi-Band-for-Windows-Computers

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Aejay
    Options
    i already did this few times, like i said it goes back to being slow download speed and what i do is change the preferred band to 2.5ghz and check my download speed and change it back again to 5ghz and it will turn back to its normal download speed, but right now i can't do it anymore i cant fixed the download speed
  • Aejay
    Options
    Is someone going to reply back?
  • Adegould72
    Adegould72 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi Aejay. Did you have any luck with this as we have 2 Acer laptops and both do exactly the same as you mention. We are continually uninstalling and reinstalling the network adaptor and it’s insane. We even tried a USB WiFi adaptor and still the same. Now thinking to replace the WiFi card in the machine.

Help anyone 😃.

Ade