I have bad performance in almost every game - Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51-78YE

13»

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Red-Sand said:

Can you also default all the Nvidia Control Panel graphic settings?
    If the in-game settings conflict with Nvidia's then it can also cause this.
    Just default and don't change anything then try.

After if that doesn;t help, try switching to "Fullscreen Windowed" mode in-game and see if FPS increases to where you want it to be.
    If it does then mind the game's EXE and right click > properties > disable full screen optimizations
    k4waii Have you tried Red-Sand suggestions, someone else is reporting that with "Fullscreen Windowed" was able to run it @ 144Hz https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/java-edition-support/2946112-144hz-in-minecraft-minecraft-runs-in-fullscreen

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• ChocolatePenguin
    ChocolatePenguin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi
    I also have the same laptop and I think I know what the problem might be. When I play R6S, the game switches to the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated one, even though I configured it to use the high-performance NVIDIA processor in the NVIDIA control panel. I had to manually change it in the game files. Try running the task manager while playing to see what GPU you are using.
  • specv89
    specv89 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Just had the same issue. It's the freaken updated bios revisions since the "microcode" update! Downgrading the bios will fix it. I went to 1.02 from 1.10. Just look up the forums. You just have to it a flag ID so the utility w
  • specv89
    specv89 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Just had the same issue. It's the freaken updated bios revisions since the "microcode" update! Downgrading the bios will fix it. I went to 1.02 from 1.10. Just look up the forums. You just have to it a flag ID so the utility w
  • Psycho91
    Psycho91 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi together, I bought this Notebook 2 and had nearly the same issues. I couldnt Play Warzone with more than 50-70 Frames on the lowest Settings but on YouTube you can clearly see, that you can easily play with 100 Frames plus (RTX 2060 mobile). I found out that my 2133mhz 16 gb single channel Ram was the Problem. I upgraded to 2x8 gb 2666mhz and that did the trick. I got 100+ Frames when playing warzone and that with higher Settings than before. Maybe that is what is bottlenecking your Performance k4waii. TO egydiocoelho, thank you for all those tipps, Firmware update also enhanced my stability in Frames.
  • you are welcome @Psycho91
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fabdullah230
    fabdullah230 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have this exact same problem. A few months ago, games used to run perfect. Warzone all high was easily 95+ average. Now it struggles to maintain 55 in all low. Doesnt make a difference if i turn on DXR with all high, the fps is still 55ish. i tried dropping down resolution with no effect on fps. There is no cap on fps set by me.
    I have a triton 500, rtx 2060, 8750h, dual channel 16gb, bios v1.12

Here is what i've tried so far:
    -warzone reinstall
    -geforce experience uninstall, reinstall, nvidia control panel uninstall, reinstall
    -windows reinstall, keeping files, removing all files, i even installed a windows 10 manually from a usb stick
    -install all the "performance upgrade" updates in the acer website
    -tweaked all the settings in nvidia control panel (high performance, prefer performance over quality etc)
    -windows game bar stuff disabled
    -tried undervolting
    -turbo mode doesnt help
    -tried changing thermal paste, it has resulted to better thermal performance, like the laptop cools down faster now, but no impact on gaming

usual temps even after this poor performance is : gpu 86C avg, cpu 90C avg

Please let me know if there is anything i can try. I have tried everything in this thread with the exception of downgrading the bios to 1.02, as i dont know how to do it. And i doubt it will help, but if anyone is certain that it will, pls leave a link to how to get that bios.
  • dayleeklve
    dayleeklve Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yeah, I have done everything i can to try and fix this computer!

Window washing Spokane