Issues connecting to some online services after windows updates

masus
masus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi
I recently got the Predator Triton 500 a few months ago. Great product, I'm super happy with it. However, after the april windows updates I was not able to connect to certain online services anymore. Oddly enough most websites would work fine, but outlook.com, windows updates as well as most game launchers (steam, uplay, origin) did not. I reverted the changes and disabled windows updates, hoping the problem would resolve itself after newer updates got released. It seems though as if I can't download the newest updates since I haven't installed the april patches and as soon as I download the april patches, I cannot download the newer ones because the april patches prevent me from connecting to the update service..

So for now I am stuck with old firmware and no way to update, can anyone help me out? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @masus
    1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.
    3. Under the "Protection Settings" section, select the main "System" drive, and click the Configure button.
    4. Select the Turn on system protection option.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• masus
    masus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Interesting. How does this solve my problem?