Wiped hard-drive and now some features don't work

anglarna
anglarna Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi

I'm looking for some help with an issue. I have an Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition laptop (VN7-592G).

I was attempting a restore when the laptop crashed meaning I couldn't boot, I couldn't use any recovery tool whatsoever. I used DISKPART to remove and re-add the drive, and used a Windows 10 image from the microsoft website.

Once windows was installed, I went to the acer website and installed the drivers listed.

Since getting everything back up an running I have noticed 3 significant differences.

1. The network adapter needs reset every couple of hours. No use at all for online gaming.
2. The on-screen indicators for Caps/Num/Scroll lock have gone. There are no lights on the chassis, so there's no way to tell if these are on without trial and error.
3. The system doesn't recognise the fact there are 4 speakers. When I use Control Panel to configure the speakers, it only registers that there are 2.

Can anyone assist with this?

TIA

Answers

• Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    About the questions, try this:
    1) Try disabling the power saving of the device in the device manager. Then go into the power options and put the wireless network card for high performance!
    2) You have to download the acer quick access program!
    3) Have you tried upgrading your audio drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • anglarna
    1) Try disabling the power saving of the device in the device manager. Then go into the power options and put the wireless network card for high performance!
    I have tried this and it seems to be better, but only time will tell.
    2) You have to download the acer quick access program!
    Perfect - that's fixed it
    3) Have you tried upgrading your audio drivers?
    Yes, but it hasn't made any difference

Model is VN7-592G-5480

Thanks for your help
  • Regarding the loudspeakers, this model only has two internal speakers! Are you referring to any headphones?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • anglarna
    Regarding the loudspeakers, this model only has two internal speakers! Are you referring to any headphones?

There's a sticker on the front that specifically says 4 speakers
  • Can you tell the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Probably 2 speakers with a tweeter and woofer in each one which technically is 4 speakers but it is really only 2 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• anglarna
    andylb said:
    Probably 2 speakers with a tweeter and woofer in each one which technically is 4 speakers but it is really only 2 
    how do i get them to work?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Are you saying you have no sound? 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★