How do i update my bios on Predator G3-710

MIchDK
MIchDK Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
So i have a Predator G3-710 and i want to update my bios. I currently have the following BIOS version: R01-A4 and i have watched a few tutorials on youtube to see how you do it, but none of them shows what my files shows. So after i have went and downloaded the latest BIOS for my PC i extract the files and open them, and in the tutorials they show 1 folder called Windows but i have 4 folders called Appendix, EFI, ROM and WIN. This is where i have no clue what to do. 

Serial number: DGB1PEQ037646010FC1800

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    First  question is why do you want to upgrade your BIOS? Is something not working right? You currently have the latest BIOS for the 6th gen G3-710s. Updating to one of the 7th gen BIOSes will break your machine pretty badly if it's allowed to be installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    First  question is why do you want to upgrade your BIOS? Is something not working right? You currently have the latest BIOS for the 6th gen G3-710s. Updating to one of the 7th gen BIOSes will break your machine pretty badly if it's allowed to be installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MIchDK
    MIchDK Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    I just wanted to see if there was some new features to make my pc better but i don't want to update it now when you are saying it could break my pc

• SrCampins
    SrCampins Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hola. Tengo la misma pregunta que MIchDK estoy tratando de montar un i7 7700k?