[Pred-Orion PO9-600] Model: D17E4 Audio Options?

Facepunches
Facepunches Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

So when I first purchased this awesome computer I bought some Soundblaster Kratos 2.1 that used Aux plugin and they were sawweeet.  Then i wanted to upgrade to better bass/sound and I was introduced to Soundbars. I went with Vizio 36" 2.1  or something and it was awesome - that's where i started to learn about optical/digital connections. which led to bitrate and all that shiz and all very cool. Replaced that soundbar with a 5.1 of same vizio 36. Was using the optical one which ment i had to use my big screen as monitor and not my sweet curved 30in. 

So here is first part of my question i guess... For best quality sound would nvidia - hdmi/arc be better or Realtek ALC1220? I'd like to use the Realtek for the software and other shenanigans (front case rgb music)but all I see on my comp is something like this 

I'm assuming those 3.5mm are all for like speaker wire type things?   I'm just wanting some awesome fricken sound and I don't mind rockin a soundcard or anyting else either. Just want to know what would be pretty top tier for what I have atm. I like all the DTS & Dolby ***** too.

Answers

• Facepunches

Tinkerer

Does this mean I can run 7.1 sound system off my onboard audio jacks?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Specs say: 7.1+2 Channel High Definition Audio Codec. There are six audio sockets in the back, Side, Microphone, Front, Back Surround, Center & Woofer and Line In. So, two sides, two fronts, two backs, center and woofer, looks like 7.1 to me. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Facepunches

Tinkerer

Thanks billsey! Just curious as to where you found that info at? Ive been looking Forever lol
  • billsey
    Ah, we Acer Aces have access to service manuals, so we can often post a snippet that's not otherwise available publicly.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Facepunches

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Ah, we Acer Aces have access to service manuals, so we can often post a snippet that's not otherwise available publicly.
    Howdy again! Just curious if i could find a copy of the service manual somewhere or is it something for private tech support use only? I am always curious and just like reading literature of any/everything available for all my hobbies be it tools electronics or woodworking
  • billsey
    Acer doesn't distribute the service guides publicaly. They are only available to authorized repair outlets, Acer internals and Aces here.
  • Facepunches

Tinkerer

Howdy Billsey or anyone else who wants to contribute..   I'm just wondering how i can setup say a 5.1 system to this using 3.5mm connectors? 
    left/center/right/RearL/RearR +subwoofer pos/neg speaker wires each spliced into their seperate 3.5mm plugins?   Would i need an amp or something to make it work?
  • billsey
    The "Jack Information" in the first post answers your question, since it shows which ports to connect each pair of 5.1 speakers to. The 3.5mm plugs has two speaker connections, so you go with a pair of speakers off each port except the subwoofer.
  • Facepunches

Tinkerer

I have a set of bookshelf speakers and another set of tower speakers and also i have a active subwoofer and a different passive subwoofer.  All have a speaker wire coming out - would i just take the speaker wires and splice into a 3.5mm jack and plug in the back? 

Im sure what i'm thinking isn't feasable - since they are like 4 or 8ohm speakers and like 6.5in+tweeters and 10subwoofer... All from my previous home theatre system which used a pioneer receiver..