Battery trouble - charged and doesn't work

BNJ
BNJ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

Sorry in advance for my mistakes, I'm not fluent in English.
I've a problem with my battery. Few days ago, I used my Aspire A515 in a cold place, and left it there after I switched it off.
I couldn't switch it on the day after, even when I plugged it. I checked the bottom, and seen through the holes that humidity was inside..
I dried it with rice during 3 days. Plugged it and it works !

But not the battery.. I mean the computer continue to charge it, when I leave the computer few days the battery level decrease (normal so), but if I disconnect the computer from the charger it's switch off immediately.

I tried the battery check with the cmd, nothing seems to be wrong with it.
I tried to reset the battery with the button on the bottom, keep it 30 sec, 1 minute, nothing change.

Any idea how to check if the battery is fine or need to be changed ?

Thanks in advance.

BNJ

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BNJ
    There is nothing written on this 2 lines... that's quite strange, because my computer continue to charge the battery like before. Seems that the connection is still fonctionnal between the  AC plug and the battery, but a connection is missing between the battery and the system...
    Any idea how to check that ?
  • JackE
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Sorry. Your battery's internal controller is no longer functional. You need a replacement battery. Google 'a515-51g' 'replacement battery' for sellers that are most convenient for you. About $30usd  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BNJ
    Ho ! So it's not even the problem is not about the battery, but only a component of it ? That's a bad thing for the environment once again..
    Thank you very much for the advice :)
  • JackE
    This type of battery needs an internal controller to prevent overcharge, thermal runaway and fire. When that controller fails, a circuit breaker kicks in. The battery's lithium & cobalt components are recycle-able so don't throw it in the garbage. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ