VG270UP flickering Iissue - innolux panel

Options
2»

Answers

• robertogl
    robertogl Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi,

yes, but without freesync enabled, it makes no sense to change the freesync configuration. Right?

Roberto
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • robertogl
    Options
    Hi,

it is a different issue. He talks about an issue when Windows boots up, but I cannot see the video as drive deleted it. From the comment, it seems to be a different issue. Anyway, a lot of people are reporting the flickering issue also on reddit as you can see. 
    No definitive solution yet.

Roberto
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not have much experience with CRU! But some users have solved problems with flickering by using this program, see: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/cru-custom-resolution-utility-tips-tricks-and-monitors-oc-lcd-led-crt.410187/page-15
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • robertogl
    Options
    Hi,

yes, but they had Freesync enabled. The problem with this Innolux panel happens also with Freesync disabled.

Roberto
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I still think CRU can help you:
    If the problem persists, I believe that only an update of the firmware or the display itself will solve the problem...

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• robertogl
    Options
    Hi,

I appreciate you help, but the firmware update does NOT exist, and CRU will not help.
    The problem has existed for months and Acer is not solving it, that is why I'm continuing writing here.

Roberto
  • Lonerider
    Lonerider Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm currently in the market for a new monitor and was planning on getting the VG271UP. Now reading about this flickering issue on various different sites has made me quite unsure if I want to play the lottery of getting a good model.
    Are there any news or updates on this issue?

Thomas
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It looks like it will only be fixed with a firmware update.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• leetSmithy
    leetSmithy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Please stop talking about some mysterious "firmware" that Acer should make. There is no any of it. I've bought VG270UP a few days earlier and since first day I have been experiencing thisflickering  black-stripe issue on the right side of screen. I don't know what should I do except RMA monitor.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    leetSmithy It seems to be a specific problem with the innolux panel.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Konstantin_Z
    Konstantin_Z Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi All,
    I would like to buy a new XV272UP. Any news about flickering problems? Did Acer fix it in new revisions of this monitors?
    Unfortunately i did not find a way to send  a direct msg to the responsable people in Acer support. Anyway it is beter to ask right here. Maybe somebody bought it not so long ago? 
  • Shame
    Shame Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, what is the manufacturing date of your monitors? I've received 3 XV272U's from Amazon that have the flickering issue - all made in December 2018. I'm highly annoyed that I keep receiving stock that is known to be defective. I stopped purchasing Acer products over 10 years ago because of quality issues, but the value of this monitor convinced me to give their products another chance.
    Hopefully Acer reads this thread and realizes how many sales they're losing because of this issue. 
    This monitor would be an incredible value and easily the #1 1440p/144hz  monitor that I would recommend based on price/performance if it didn't have this flickering issue. Now I just warn people about how many times they'll have to return it to get a non-defective unit. 
  • robertogl
    Options
    Shame said:
    Just out of curiosity, what is the manufacturing date of your monitors? I've received 3 XV272U's from Amazon that have the flickering issue - all made in December 2018. I'm highly annoyed that I keep receiving stock that is known to be defective. I stopped purchasing Acer products over 10 years ago because of quality issues, but the value of this monitor convinced me to give their products another chance.
    Hopefully Acer reads this thread and realizes how many sales they're losing because of this issue. 
    This monitor would be an incredible value and easily the #1 1440p/144hz  monitor that I would recommend based on price/performance if it didn't have this flickering issue. Now I just warn people about how many times they'll have to return it to get a non-defective unit. 
    It is not a coincidence that these monitors cost so much less than their competitors. The same Innolux panel can be found on monitors of about the double of the price.
    Acer knows about the issue and it is just selling out the 'bad panels' from Innolux. I don't see any other explanation.
  • Shame
    Shame Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So I just spoke with Acer and they told me the monitor doesn't support anything above 60hz at 1440 over HDMI. I don't think this is the issue since I have read reports from people that have had the same issue over Displayport as well. Is there anyone that has successfully cured their flickering by switching to DP? Why would Acer ship a monitor with an HDMI cable when it cannot use it above 60hz?    

The monitor specs say that this has an HDMI 2.0 port which from my understanding, should be capable of running 1440p at 144hz - or at least 120hz which also has flickering.

This one has dust trapped under the screen so it's going back anyway.
  • Dimster
    Dimster Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I have bought my xv272u in Computer Universe and it flickers randomly within a minute interval. Flash is noticeable mostly in the left part of the screen. No matter what mode it operates, different cables, cards..

I am using DP connection and it did not solve the issue.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @DimsterIdeally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ghul
    Ghul Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

bought two from amazon (built date nov 18), same issue. this is very disappointing, since this could easily be the monitor with the best price-performance ratio. i returned them within the 30 day window they offer.