Will Acer issue a bios update so Aspire TC-605 is compatilbe with windows 10 build 1809

kcprom
kcprom Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Microsoft build 1803 has an end of support deadline of Nov 2019.  The lastest BIOS for the TC-605 is not comptabile with build 1809. As such the TC-605 will no longer get monthly updates from Windows.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In addition to what colleague maclane reported, the fact that Acer does not say whether or not the computer is compatible with the 1903 version, does not mean that you can not install this version! Also, you do not need to upgrade the uefi firmware, to install the 1903 version!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Try using the Windows Update Assistant.
    I have two TC-605's.  On one of them I received notice to update through Windows Update.  But on the other one, I noticed it was still running 1803 for some strange reason and didn't offer 1809 or 1903.  So I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Assistant.  It works fine (Windows 10 1903).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click on the link above and then click "Update Now".....and then run the Assistant.  The Update Assistant will do everything.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night kcprom !

I do not know this information.
    I have a colleague who has m desktop in this series and who is with the 1903 version of Windows 10 running perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In addition to what colleague maclane reported, the fact that Acer does not say whether or not the computer is compatible with the 1903 version, does not mean that you can not install this version! Also, you do not need to upgrade the uefi firmware, to install the 1903 version!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Try using the Windows Update Assistant.
    I have two TC-605's.  On one of them I received notice to update through Windows Update.  But on the other one, I noticed it was still running 1803 for some strange reason and didn't offer 1809 or 1903.  So I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Assistant.  It works fine (Windows 10 1903).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click on the link above and then click "Update Now".....and then run the Assistant.  The Update Assistant will do everything.

I'm not an Acer employee.