Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Vertical lines on Acer XB270HU bprz, flickering, and shutting down

cyllibicyllibi Posts: 2Member New User
Hi Acer community,

I've got a problem with my XB270HU bprz IPS monitor. This started over a year ago, and continues to this day. There are 3 problems now, but it started with this one: weird discolored vertical lines appearing on the left side of the screen. Here is a screenshot of how it looks and how it impacts various colors:

https://i.imgur.com/TYhG0dS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KT5az8g.jpg

At first, I could get a temporary fix by shifting the Displayport cable around, but it became tougher over time. Then the display started flickering sometimes, and now, after a little flickering, the display will shut off. The monitor will still register as "on" and my computer still sees it, but no image.

I sent the monitor back to Acer once while it was under warranty and they reported that they were unable to replicate the issue. When I received it back, it did indeed work for about a month, but then the problems came back, and they came harder. The monitor is currently unusable. The warranty has expired and I don't know how to repair this or get it repaired - the "Repair my Acer" option on the product page won't even let me submit a request. With 27" size, IPS panels, 144hz, 4ms response and G-Sync, this is still the best I can get so I really don't want to have to discard it. I'm willing to try replacing components but I don't know where to find them. I welcome any suggestions.

FAQ & Answers

• cyllibicyllibi Posts: 2Member New User
    Hey Acer community,

Hope everyone had a good week and a Happy Father's Day! I am still looking forward to some help on how I can repair my monitor.

Thanks.