HELP! Upgrading Video Card on Aspire TC-710 does not output video to monitor

Numbers
Numbers Member Posts: 5 New User
First off I have upgraded my power supply to a 750W unit that is working great.

i5-6400
8gd ram (1 stick)
windows 10 64 bit
on board graphics Intel HD 530
PCI express X16 slot
750W power supply
bios version R01-B1 (newest)

I tried upgrading my video card to a GeForce Gtx 560 (both 6 pin power connected), however no video output was going to monitor through card itself or motherboard. There is no damage to PCIE connector or motherboard.
When I take the video card out, on-board HDMI outputs work just fine.

Ive tried disabling the Intel HD 530 graphics in device manager. Doesn’t help.
Upgraded bios to newest version. Doesn’t help.
Installed other graphic cards and here is where it gets interesting. None work with DVI, however one had both DVI and VGA and only VGA worked. I’ve come to the conclusion that analog signal was working, but not digital. I don’t understand this, because the whole point of upgrading the graphics card is to get something better than on-board and if I can’t use digital output then what’s the point?

Can someone please help me figure out why these video cards are not working with digital out and only vga.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Numbers 
    Please try the below mentioned step : 
    Please  boot the device with the integrated graphics card and enter the BIOS by hitting F2 or Delete, you will want to navigate to “Authentication”. Under Authentication you will see Secure Boot which you will want to Disable. Now, navigate over to the "Boot Options" menu at the top and enter in the "Launch CSM" option and set it to always. You may also want to verify that the "Video OpROM" is set to "Legacy" Once those settings are changed you will be able to save and exit. When the computer starts into Windows shut it down, and install the graphics card normally. The graphics should now be displaying through the video card.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Numbers
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Numbers 
    Please try the below mentioned step : 
    Please  boot the device with the integrated graphics card and enter the BIOS by hitting F2 or Delete, you will want to navigate to “Authentication”. Under Authentication you will see Secure Boot which you will want to Disable. Now, navigate over to the "Boot Options" menu at the top and enter in the "Launch CSM" option and set it to always. You may also want to verify that the "Video OpROM" is set to "Legacy" Once those settings are changed you will be able to save and exit. When the computer starts into Windows shut it down, and install the graphics card normally. The graphics should now be displaying through the video card.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Numbers
    Where is video OpRom located?
  • Numbers
    Sharanji that worked great! Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it!!!
  • HabichtHat2H
    HabichtHat2H Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharaji you are a hero you saved my day i searched for over 5 hours and the i found your Post thank you So much you're a legend
  • Yabadabado
    Yabadabado Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

hi Sharanji,

when you write : "When the computer starts into Windows shut it down". i guess when you see windows starting, you shut it down ? or you shut it down after windows started completely .

thank you