Predator X34P with a line right in the middle

Options
NightKnight
NightKnight Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I bought a Predator x34P about a month ago, and I could see a faint line right in the middle on the screen only on a grey background. Both sides would have the same colors though. Since yesterday the line has been very easy to spot, no matter what background I had, and the colors on both right and left sides are clearly different now. I brought back the overclock from 120hz to 100hz, updated the displayport firmware from Nvidia, turned the monitor on and off several times, and although I could have it back to just a faint line on a grey background twice, the line got aggressive again not so long after. Is there anything I'm missing here, or do I need to do an RMA? I really didn't want to send it back, because monitors nowadays are a pain due to poor quality control, and that goes for all brands. I've got no backlight bleeding, no dead pixels, and low IPS glow. I really want to solve this line problem and keep the monitor if possible. PS.: the picture bellow shows 2 lines, but that's just from my camera. To the naked eye, there is only one clear line, right in the middle.

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @NightKnight ;
    Try updating the monitor drivers from acer website. If still having the same issue, and it is a brand new unit you can contact the acer warranty support.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• NightKnight
    NightKnight Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @Du_little I already got a replacement. After comparing both monitors I discovered that the other monitor not only had that line in the middle with different colours on both right and left side, but also the colours were all messed up, even when using the same calibrations. Windows folders had an extremely bright yellow for example. Now it is all good.