Aspire A515-54-51DJ Memory upgrade

Options
makislog
makislog Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone. I am interested in buying this new laptop by Acer and I was wondering if memory can be upgraded and to what extend. The only information I was able to find online was here https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-5-a515-54-51dj-15-6-core-i5-8265u-8-gb-ram-256-gb-ssd-us-international and it says that it's a 4+4 soldered DDR4, which is quite limiting in regards of the memory. Acer website though does not offer any relative information

Best Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    Here is the memory specification:
    so 4GB + 16GB
    France
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No problems. I would suggest you the first model A515-54-51DJ (matte display) but the description contains an error. It is shipped with a SATA SSD and not a NVMe SSD. The higher initial price of the second model comes from the discret graphic board (GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5).
    France
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry there was a typo in the SSDs description for this model. A515-54-51DJ is really shipped with an NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x2).
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options
    Hello,
    Here is the memory specification:
    so 4GB + 16GB
    France
  • makislog
    Options
    Thank you for your answer. I would like your recommendation, if that is possible. I am between these two laptops. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RF2123Z
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FLBJV7

The first one seems the best choice, but I cannot understand why the second one has higher initial price. It has quite older processor, DDR3 instead of DDR4 and no fingerprint.

• laurent_14
    Options
    FYI, Intel Flex Memory Access:
    France
  • makislog
    Options
    Thank you once again, but I do not have the background to understand technical information.
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No problems. I would suggest you the first model A515-54-51DJ (matte display) but the description contains an error. It is shipped with a SATA SSD and not a NVMe SSD. The higher initial price of the second model comes from the discret graphic board (GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5).
    France
  • makislog
    Options
    Is there a significant difference between SATA and NVMe? Is it possible to replace original disk with an NVMe in case I need it? 
  • makislog
    Options
    I suppose it's SATA 3, right?
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry there was a typo in the SSDs description for this model. A515-54-51DJ is really shipped with an NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x2).
    France
  • makislog
    Options
    That's great, I bought it earlier today! :)