Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Msi Afterburner connection to GPU1 lost

FenixTheRiseFenixTheRise Posts: 2Member New User
Hi, recently I decided to tweak a bit my GPU in Msi Afterburner, unfortunately it seems that Msi Afterburner for some reason can't detect my GPU. I've tried reinstalling it, downloading the beta version, updating my drivers, uninstalling the driver, switching in Nvidia Control panel global settings to my main GPU, none of this worked. Here's the interesting part, as soon as I start a game or open Nvidia control panel and start using, it detects my GPU, as soon as my main GPU is being used, Msi Afterburner detects, but when I'm not doing anything my GPU stays idle and Msi Afterburner can't detect it for that reason I guess? My GPU is GTX 1060. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FAQ & Answers

• FenixTheRiseFenixTheRise Posts: 2Member New User
    Anyone with an idea what the issue could be?
  • bobboybobboy Posts: 1Member New User
    I have the same exact thing happening with mine, pretty sure its a windows thing, or its rivatuner cause i didnt have the issue till updated windows and rivaturner, but pretty sure its windows 
  • FearoxFearox Posts: 6Member New User
    Same here on my Helios 300

• TImaxTImax Posts: 11Member

Tinkerer

Hi, recently I decided to tweak a bit my GPU in Msi Afterburner, unfortunately it seems that Msi Afterburner for some reason can't detect my GPU. I've tried reinstalling it, downloading the beta version, updating my drivers, uninstalling the driver, switching in Nvidia Control panel global settings to my main GPU, none of this worked. Here's the interesting part, as soon as I start a game or open Nvidia control panel and start using, it detects my GPU, as soon as my main GPU is being used, Msi Afterburner detects, but when I'm not doing anything my GPU stays idle and Msi Afterburner can't detect it for that reason I guess? My GPU is GTX 1060. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's not any kind of problem you had mentioned above.In laptops there are two types of graphic adapters.Primary graphic adapter is Intel HD or UHD.Secondry graphic adapter is nvidia or raedeon graphic adapter.When normal situations like office applications or watching video ,secondry graphic adapter not working.(It's working but not loaded.)When you try to use heavy program like game or graphic designing software ,secondry graphic adapter automatically detects that software & run that heavy software on secondry adapter.This method use for save power of laptop battery.Because secondry graphic adapter consume more power while its runtime.So when you use light weight softwares secondry graphic adapter gone offline.Because of that msi afterburner can't identify that graphic adapter.

🙌