No bootable device on my laptop

EEltigani
EEltigani Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
@MaClane

It says no bootable device. So my laptop cannot detect my hard drive as I turn it on. My model is: Aspire 3 A315-51 series. Can you please send me the following steps to follow as I have important projects due by the end of next week. 

Thank you

EEltigani

Best Answer

• EEltigani
    Answer ✓

The laptop is now repaired. There was a problem with the motherboard and it needed replacing. But thank you for all the help you gave me on trying to fix the issue. :)

Answers

• EEltigani
    @JackE

I found that you have helped someone else with the similar problem I am having so I’m glad to drop your name here. Hopefully you know the problem here and steps to fix it. 

Thank you 

EEltigani
  • Hello! Have you checked that the disk is recognized in the uefi information section? If so, have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • EEltigani
    @egydiocoelho

No, but can you send me the procedures I should take or a video I can follow to get through this problem.
  • First make sure the disk appears here:
    Resultado de imagem para uefi information acer
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • EEltigani
    edited June 2019
    @egydiocoelho
    I made sure it shows but it says none. I think I need a new SSD or HDD.
  • I do not think it's necessary to replace hdd! Is windows boot manager appearing in the boot section?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    the hard drive is broken since nothing appears for model name and serial name.
  • I do not think the hard drive is broken as it is showing up in the information section!
    Now, try these steps:
    a) reset the battery:
    Then check if windows starts normally!
    b) If the reset does not work, try reinstalling windows 10, like this:
    https://youtu.be/cpzLJRAZldA

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    @egydiocoelho
    the laptop is working now everything is working now, I just bought a new ssd and downloaded windows 10. The only problem is the fan is still functioning when the laptop is off. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Are you really turning off the notebook? Is it not suspending? What is the uefi firmware version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    yes im turning it off but the fan is still working
  • Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example a315-51-51sl! I would also like to know the bios version and the operating system! On acer's site, it shows that there is a fix for firmware uefi with regard to shutdown, when the notebook is using linux, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7210?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    My model is: Aspire 3 A315-51 series
  • EEltigani
    im using legacy
  • What is the bios version? Are you using windows or linux? Have you tried updating drivers and windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    The problem is the IME interface which is a version 12 while by using v11 or v10 there is no problem
  • You're referring to the intel management engine driver! If the problem is happening with the most current driver, have you tried updating the drivers on the intel website? Also, on the acer site, you have some updates to the uefi firmware, which update the IME, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    edited June 2019
    I've finished updating but the fan is still making noise when the laptop is turned off. what do I do?
  • Have you already upgraded firmware uefi to 1.14, or just updated the drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EEltigani
    I finished updating the bios. I am now updating the drivers. after I update the drivers what shall I do?