RAM upgrade Swift SF315-52-81HD

FGGH
FGGH Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just got a SF315-52-81HD with the standard  single chip with 8 GB RAM, ready to upgrade to the max supported, 32 GB. Does anyone have access to a service manual or photos showing where the two RAM slots are located? I have the back off and it's not at all clear.

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You have to remove the motherboard and the slots are situated near the thermal module.

• FGGH
    FGGH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the quick photos!
  • Moses83
    Moses83 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Hi brummy,
    Could you please tell me what is the maximum RAM frequency that can be install in this laptop?
  • brummyfan2
    edited November 2019
    Moses83 said:
    Hi brummy,
    Could you please tell me what is the maximum RAM frequency that can be install in this laptop?
    Hi,
    You can upgrade up to 32GB(2x16GB) in this model.
    https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/swift-3-sf315-52
  • Moses83
    Sorry. I could not replay before. I think I wasn’t clear. I want to know the the maximum bandwidth speed. I want to replace the one inside.
  • Moses83
    Moses83 said:
    Sorry. I could not replay before. I think I wasn’t clear. I want to know the the maximum bandwidth speed. I want to replace the one inside.
    Sorry brummyfan2, I meant *I could not reply before. English is my second language. Also I don't see the option to select you resolve the problem. Hopefuly it would show up once you response back.
  • Moses83 said:
    Moses83 said:
    Sorry brummyfan2, I meant *I could not reply before. English is my second language. Also I don't see the option to select you resolve the problem. Hopefuly it would show up once you response back.
    Hi,
    No problem, do you want to replace only one module? If so, yes you can replace but the specifications should match other module, like speed CL value etc.
    If you install a different size RAM, it will not have the full benefit of dual channel.
  • Moses83
    Moses83 said:
    Moses83 said:
    Hi,
    No problem, do you want to replace only one module? If so, yes you can replace but the specifications should match other module, like speed CL value etc.
    If you install a different size RAM, it will not have the full benefit of dual channel.
    I am installing a pair of modules. I am thinking to buy a 2x16GB DDR4 @3200Mhz kit. Would that be supported?
  • Moses83 said:
    Moses83 said:
    Moses83 said:
    Hi,
    I am installing a pair of modules. I am thinking to buy a 2x16GB DDR4 @3200Mhz kit. Would that be supported?
    Hi,
    Acer recommends the maximum speed of 2666MHz but Crucial have advertised 3200MHz modules as compatible, so it's up to you take the risk and try 3200MHz modules, if they don't work you can exchange them for 2400/2666MHz modules.
  • Moses83
    @brummyfan2 You answered my question. However I don't have a link to click to accept your answer. I don't know why. I accepted another Acer's member answer in a different post today.
  • brummyfan2
    edited November 2019
    Moses83 said:
    @brummyfan2 You answered my question. However I don't have a link to click to accept your answer. I don't know why. I accepted another Acer's member answer in a different post today.
    Hi,
    Not to worry, it's because this thread already had been "answered", anyway, Thanks for letting me know  :)