Help! Asus Iconia W1-810 TabletPC touchscreen keeps clicking itself

Jody92
Jody92 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I've been using Asus Iconia W1-810 Tablet Pc with Windows 8.1 for approx. 3 years and my tablet was totally fine until the touchscreen suddenly start to click itself as if someone was tapping the screen nonstop. It makes me uncomfortable while using my TabletPC. The 'ghost' clicks everything that even the start screen won't load properly because of it and I barely can shut down and restart my TabletPC  because of the 'ghost'. Same problem with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_lVG7iSKk on specific start time 1:06.
I've been trying to restart my laptop for like a thousand times but nothing had change. I tried to disable device but nothing works either. Can you please help me and give a solution to my problem other than factory reset? I need a solution very soon because I need my Tablet PC for doing my homework and projects and there's a lot of important files inside. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I'm pretty sure the damage to the digitizer is the root cause of the phantom clicks. Short of replacing it I don't see any easy solution. You could try disabling the touch screen entirely and using a physical keyboard and mouse, at least until you can get the screen replaced.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.