Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G RAM upgrade

Hi, I have been using this laptop for almost a year now, thinking to upgrade RAM from current 8GB to 12GB or 16GB. I got mixed answer when I googled around, some said that the memory is soldered and cannot be upgraded.
Can someone enlighten me if it is possible to upgrade the RAM on this model?
Thank you very much

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,053ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    This model comes with a 4GB on-board memory and a slot for upgrade, please check whether you have 4GB+4GB removable module in your laptop or 8GB and an empty slot.
    You can check by using CPU-z free program, run it and check the memory slots in Memory tab and SPD tab.
    If you have 4GB on-board memory, you can install a 8GB module in the free slot.
    Please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/548277/is-the-ram-for-swift-3-sf314-54g-50n9-upgradable
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online214

Acer-David
Acer-David
Acer-Edward
Acer-Edward
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Jose
Acer-Jose
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
adelmahmoud
adelmahmoud
AlastairRoy
AlastairRoy
CapRipley
CapRipley
cassioalmeidas
cassioalmeidas
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
emarnsk
emarnsk
Gawain
Gawain
gibbng
gibbng
ifdavis
ifdavis
JohnDownard
JohnDownard
Jotaefe
Jotaefe
+198 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

We would like to feature andylb as a outstanding member in the Acer Community. With his dedication and support efforts, andylb has become a Valued Contributor . On behalf of the Acer Community team and all our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1198

Total Points:2947

Total Accepted Answers: 149

andylb High-End Contributor
Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.