Bypass Google sign in on start up

Neti75
Neti75 Member Posts: 2 New User
How do you bypass Google on set up when you dont have Google account which it was set up as

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Neti75 

If you want to use your Chromebook without a Google Account, It is possible to log in to your Chromebook as a “guest”. As a guest user you have access to the Chrome-browser, but it is not possible to gain access to the cloud. This means you can not edit documents or use other applications on your Chromebook.
    For optimal use of your Chromebook it is important you create a Google Account. You need a Google Account to gain access to the cloud. With your Google Account you create a user profile on your Chromebook and you are able to easily install applications like Google Drive. Furthermore, you can access your cloud-saved documents from every device and location. In the event your Chromebook is out of order or lost, you can log in to your Google Account from another device and resume what you were working on.
    To become the “owner” of your Chromebook it is necessary to create a Google Account. The account with the owner rights is the only account with which you can change certain settings of your Chromebook. The Google Account with which you first sign on will be set as the “owner” account of your Chromebook.

If you want to bypass the Google account that is already setup on your Chromebook, you can reset it to factory settings, All data stored on your Chromebook will be lost.
    You can also reset your Chromebook to its original factory state from the sign-in screen by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R and clicking Restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Neti75
    Neti75 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've an Acer iconia one 10 and its factory re set but asks for the first username and password that was used when originally set up
  • Hstudy1
    Hstudy1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharanji, your links send me to a page saying client denied access
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I am thinking you don't have a Chromebook, but instead have an Android tablet? Which model do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.