SOLUTION: Upgrading the m.2 NVMe SSD on the Acer Nitro 5 515-53 with only 1 m.2 slot...

Options
PoppaJim
PoppaJim Member Posts: 105 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've seen this question asked on several occasions throughout the Forum...

I have just recently purchased 2 of these notebook computers. One for me and one for my wife. I used the following procedure to upgrade the factory m.2 NVMe SSD drives on both machines from the stock 256GB drives to 1 terabyte drives...
Here's how I did it:

first I purchased a m.2 NVMe SSD USB 3.0 external enclosure
Next I installed Macrium Reflect
and I installed EaseUS partition master

I then placed the new drive into the enclosure and connected it to the notebook via the USB C port and used macrium reflect to clone the existing m.2 NVMe SSD drive to the one in the external enclosure. I immediately used partition master to adjust the partition sizes on the new Drive to use the full capacity!

Once completed I removed the stock 256GB drive and replace it with the new 1 terabyte drive that I had just cloned and petitioned reassembled everything started the notebook and it fired right up and booted into Windows without a hitch!!!

I repeated this exact process on the second notebook with the exact same results! No muss no fuss and it worked flawlessly!

I'm sure that there are other backup and petition softwares that you might be able to use successfully these are just the ones I chose because you can get them for free trials and I know these work.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer

• PoppaJim
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So if it makes any difference, in both cases this was all done with nothing installed in the SATA Drive Bay of the laptop 

Answers

• PoppaJim
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So if it makes any difference, in both cases this was all done with nothing installed in the SATA Drive Bay of the laptop 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)