Laptop shut off suddenly and won't turn back on.

Crosses
Crosses Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an SSD drive that I purchased off Amazon about a year ago. Today, it suddenly shut off with no warning. I assumed it had simply crashed and after waiting a minute, I tried to turn it back on. It did not boot up at all, the keyboard didn't light up, and even connecting the charger doesn't turn on either of the lights that signify a full charge/charging (not like it needed charging as it was already at full charge).

I'd attempt to open the back cover and check the battery if I had the tools, but I do not at the moment. I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer about what might be wrong with my computer, or at the very least, to be pointed to the right place to where I might start addressing this problem. 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Do a battery reset with a paperclip through the pinhole on the Notebook base

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Crosses
    Crosses Member Posts: 2 New User
    I already tried this several times to no avail. I suspect it is something more serious at this point.
  • andylb
    Try this
    You may try one last power drain procedure:
    • 1. Remove the RAM sticks (Clean with a soft lint free cloth while they are out)
    • 2. Remove the power cord 
    • 3. Hold the power button for 30 seconds
    • 4. Replace everything.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited June 2019
    Also it is possible that the Safety interlock button is not fully depressed, follow these steps when you remove the RAM in the above procedure

The interlock button on this template is located here this is a general pic it may look slightly different for your model

Make sure that by putting a few layers of electrical tape to better press this button, it solves the problem:

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★