how do i fix my keyboard not working on my acer switch alpha 12?

Options
nabeelseedat
nabeelseedat Member Posts: 2 New User
my keyboard isn't working at all and i don't know whats the problem. i tried rebooting my switch alpha 12 and exiting the boot mode and it still never work. is there any other solutions to this problem

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    With the machine turned off, have you tried unplugging/re-seating the keyboard assembly a few times to try to clean the connector contacts? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabeelseedat
    nabeelseedat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    With the machine turned off, have you tried unplugging/re-seating the keyboard assembly a few times to try to clean the connector contacts? Jack E/NJ
    yes i have tried that but it still wont connect even though its cleaned properly

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you had the tablet apart ever? There's a ribbon cable that runs between the pogo pins and the motherboard. If it has a poor connection or is broken you would see these symptoms. When you detach or attach the keyboard do you get the Windows info popup showing the switch from tablet to laptop mode?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Monre
    Monre Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, please help. I’m experiencing the same problem. The keyboard is intermittent, so the pins work but no idea why it’s inconsistent or unreliable 
  • billsey
    Options
    Often those intermittent issues are caused either by dirt/corrosion on the pins or something that's not letting the magnets get fully seated together so there isn't enough pressure on the pins.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Suryatejessk
    Suryatejessk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    My acer switch alpha 12 keyboard is not working. When I attach the keyboard, it is showing a pop on the screen, but it's not working. I tried this after rebooting my pc and also cleaning the magnet area. But it doesn't work. 
  • JackE
    Options

Open Device Manager. Click Human Interface HID folder. Right click and uninstall GPIO and Microsoft Input Config Device. Then click Keyboards folder. Right click and uninstall HID keyboard. Exist Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shutdown Windows normally. Connect keyboard dock. Turn machine back on.

Jack E/NJ

• Suryatejessk
    Suryatejessk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:

Open Device Manager. Click Human Interface HID folder. Right click and uninstall GPIO and Microsoft Input Config Device. Then click Keyboards folder. Right click and uninstall HID keyboard. Exist Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shutdown Windows normally. Connect keyboard dock. Turn machine back on.

No sir. It is not working. Can you please me tell me another way to get my keyboard working with my pc.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, it sounds like a hardware issue. If the laptop is still under warranty arrange for ACER warranty repair service. If not, then I suggest that you arrange for an evaluation and repair estimate at a local laptop repair shop.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    Verify it's not software by plugging an external keyboard in. If that works it's not drivers...
  • Karenbassily1
    Karenbassily1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The keyboard of my acer isn't working.
    When i attached it, the screen read it but he doesn't work. Is there anything i can do to fix it?

• JackE
    Options

This is an old thread. For better attention start your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button in the upper right screen.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    Make sure the groove in the tablet side that the keyboard snaps into is fully cleaned. A little bit of gunk there can make it not connect well.
  • Karenbassily1
    Karenbassily1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It is cleaned, the keyboard does connect to the laptop, it changes from tablet mode to the laptop, but the keyboard doesn't turn on or works
  • billsey
    Options
    I think the tablet mode switch is done by the magnetics, not the pogo pins. The pogo pins are essentially a USB connection between the keyboard and tablet. Does an external keyboard work?