Keyboard backlight timer

matt113d
matt113d Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
As it is clear from reading the Acer forums that the decision to update the Swift's firmware to automatically disable the keyboard backlight has been met with overwhelming negativity, I would like to ask if Acer are planning to reverse this or at least give users the choice? 

This is a small fix that would be a great quality of life upgrade and would be greatly appreciated by users who have payed a considerable amount of money for these laptops. 

No-one asked for this change, many people are asking for it to be changed back. Please give the choice to the users or at least give an explanation of why this is not possible.

Answers

• What is the exact model of your swift? Example SF514-52T-553U
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • matt113d
    Thank you for your response. I am using the Acer Swift 3 SF314-54.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Does the backlight keyboard on your model turn off both the battery and the power adapter? Or does it just turn off the battery? About your specific question, some Acer models had an upgrade of the uefi firmware that turned off the backlight keyboard, even if the notebook was connected to the power adapter, to meet the new Energy Star 7.0 standards!
    Some users complained a lot about this new function, because it was impossible to type the night and because of this, Acer released some versions of the UEFI firmware, so that a function was added, which allowed the user to choose whether or not the backlight keyboard off when the notebook is connected to the power adapter.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • matt113d
    My laptop will switch off the keyboard even when connected to AC power. I have been unable to find anyway off stopping this and cannot find any information online as to how to stop this happening. 
  • What is the version of firmware uefi?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• matt113d
    My UEFI is version 1.14
  • I will ask for some moderator if Acer is planning to make this feature available for the sf314-54!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• matt113d
    That would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your help.