Activating inbuilt webcam on Acer Aspire 1810TZ

Options
2»

Answers

• dalin362
    dalin362 Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

Options
    It isa strange! I did another webcam test and it said "Nao é posivel detectar nenhun fluxo ativo de contenuedo de mídia". I think it´s about time to give up on this 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if the webcam is detected in the windows 7 device manager? Here's an example:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dalin362

Tinkerer

Options
    Strangely, it is listed in the device manager. Clicking on menu "Image units" in the device manager expands to "USB camera" clicking on the USB camera a new window appears "USB camera properties", status says that the device is functioning correctly
     and clicking on drivers it says that the  correct driver is there. Very strange.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dalin362

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks again, will look into it tomorrow, it is getting very later over here. Obrigado
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok my friend! 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dalin362

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, I downloaded all the software and tried to install it. An error message appeared on all three: Webcamera could not be found! So I assume that the camera is defect  completely or partially and does not work. So I think it´s time to give up and I will start looking for an external web camera to attach to the laptop, so that my niece´s daughter will not be disappointed and can use the laptop for Skype. Thanks again for your valuable time, muito obrigado!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try another tip:
    a) open the device manager and install the webcam driver using the .inf file, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dalin362

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks again. I am afraid I got stuck in the process. I opened device manager, then clicked on IMAGES, it expanded to USB video unit, clicking on it I got a new window Properties of the USB video unit (it says the unit functions correctly), then I clicked on Drivers, a new window USB video properties, then I clicked on Driver update menu and then I get stuck. A new window opens  Update driver - USB video unit. 
    Here I have two choices
    Serach automatically for updated drivers
    or

Choose a driver software that is already installed on the computer.  I clicked both, but then I get stuck and have no idea how to run the .inf file. Could you please explain in more detail how I continue from this stage?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dalin362

Tinkerer

Options
    I understand now. The procedure which you describe is unfortunately not applicable, because I have no driver disc for the camera. I do not even know the name of the manufacturer of the camera or camera mark (type), it does not show on my computer. So I guess there´s nothing else for me to do, but buy an external camera.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dalin362

Tinkerer

Options
    I tested each of them individually, but then I get the message in the window "USB video unit driver update" :"The unit already uses the latest version of the driver".
    So either the built in camera is damaged, or it has been erroneously disabled. From another source I have just learnt, that clicking on the IMAGES menu in the Device Manager I get an expansion "USB-video unit", but clicking on it I should get another expansion with the name and type of the webcam, but it does not happen. So apparently either the integrated webcam is broken or has  been unintentionally disabled, but I think the first possibility is valid. I´m terribly sorry for wasting so much of your valuable time.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! However, I still think it would just be worth checking if the problem stays on windows 8 or 10!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer