Acer Swift 3 SF314-54 Upgrade Help!

Alfaz
Alfaz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i have a Swift 3 SF314-54 i7, 1TB HDD, 128gb SSD, and 8GB DDR4 RAM. So Acer says it can support upto 12GB RAM however Crucial offers 100% compatibilty and says max memory supported is upto 16GB RAM. Also my 8GB RAM already installed,
(1)  how would i upgrade it to 12GB RAM when there isn't a 12GB RAM Module?
(2) Can I install a M.2 SSD and replace it with my 128GB SSD which has the OS installed onto it? If i can then how would I transfer the OS to the new M.2 SSD?
(3) Does upgrading void warranties?

Thanks, Alfaz

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Alfaz !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Example: SF314-54-379C

As for your doubts:

1 - this model supports up to 12Gb of RAM (4GB being integrated with the motherboard and a single slot for expansion of up to 8Gb, ie 4 + 8 = 12) DDR4

2- Yes, you can substitute.
    But in this case it would be more complicated the cloning process of the factory OEM system once there are no other M.2 slot available.
    You could try to clone the system to the HDD and then reclaim it to the new SSD.

3- The warranty issue varies by country and region.
    In my country, performing upgrades does not violate warranty, contact that in the process no part or part is damaged.
    I suggest you contact Acer directly and report back.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Alfaz
    Alfaz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi my model is SF314-54-87RX
    Also can you please explain the process of cloning to the HDD and changing to the new M.2 SSD? Thanks, Alfaz
  • MaClane
    There are several methods and software, such as Minitool Partition or Macrium Reflect.

You can use the Minitool Partition, see:

It is necessary to clone all partitions, including Recovery and the EFI system partition (typically 100mb)

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example sf314-54-59lj!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Can you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example sf314-54-59lj!
    The user has already answered the question previously:
    "Hi my model is SF314-54-87RX"

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• OK! In the specifications of the model, informs that it comes with 8gb. My question is if despite the service guide show that the models only come with 4gb onboard, if his model came with 8gb onboard, or if it came with 4gb onboard plus 4gb offboard?

Ok! Nas especificações do modelo, informa que ele vêm com 8gb. A minha dúvida, é se apesar da guia de serviço mostrar que os modelos somente vêm com 4gb onboard, se o modelo dele veio com 8gb onboard, ou se veio com 4gb onboard mais 4gb offboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • In this case, ideally it should check with aida64 if the slot to add more ram memory is or is not being used!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer