HDMI out to DisplayPort or VGA in?

Lesdan
Lesdan Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
How can I connect my A515-52G HDMI out to a Dell monitor with DisplayPort or VGA in?

Answers

• Does your monitor have an hdmi port?
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lesdan
    No it does not. Just DisplayPort and VGA.
  • Maybe this adapter will work:
    Resultado de imagem para adaptador hdmi dp
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lesdan
    I did try the HDMI out to DisplayPort in adapter, but this did not work. I wondered if a HDMI out to a VGA adapter might work?
  • First I would like to know if you tried to add the monitor here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lesdan
    I am using Windows 10, and I do not believe it has Control Panel. In Settings it has a Display page, but it does not recognize the Dell monitor when it is connected from the HDMI port to the DisplayPort on the Dell.
  • What is the adapter model?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lesdan
    iCAN DisplayPort to HDMI cable.
  • Have you tried updating the video drivers on intel and nvidia websites? Can you tell me the exact model of the monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lesdan
    Dell E2318H
  • Here are some drivers for this monitor! Try installing them and make sure the monitor is recognized: https://www.dell.com/support/home/br/pt/brdhs1/product-support/product/dell-e2318h-monitor/drivers

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lesdan
    Thanks very much!
  • A cable similar to this would work @tobimaru?
    Resultado de imagem para cabo hdmi dp

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    It's important to note that a HDMI to DP cable is very much different than a DP to HDMI cable! If you just choose the cheaper of the two it'll fail every time. Surprisingly the VGA version is likely cheaper than the DP version. So, HDMI to VGA or HDMI to DP will work, VGA to HDMI or DP to HDMI will not.

I'm seeing the HDMI to DP adapters on Amazon are in the $35 range, DP to HDMI are under $10. HDMI to VGA are in the $10 and under range...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.