Where is the battery pinhole - Acer Nitro 5 GTX1650

Options
Ayo_blu
Ayo_blu Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited May 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Does anyone know where the battery pinhole is on the nitro 5 gtx 1650 edition my computer won’t boot and that seems to be able to fix it

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,784 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Ayo_blu
    It should be at the back of the laptop, even you can find a small battery icon next to the pinhole.
    Send the model number of your laptop to tell you exactly where the pinhole is.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Ayo_blu
    Ayo_blu Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @Ayo_blu
    It should be at the back of the laptop, even you can find a small battery icon next to the pinhole.

I did research and there is no pinhole for the laptop I have
  • asapigor
    asapigor Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have an acer nitro 5 N18C3  and i was using it this morning. i left to go somewhere,came back and it was off and now it wont turn on. the charging indicator is on but the keyboard nor the screen wont light up. i tried to reset the battery by taking it out and putting it back in and nothing. plus theres no battery pinhole..
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Options
    asapigor said:
    i have an acer nitro 5 N18C3  and i was using it this morning. i left to go somewhere,came back and it was off and now it wont turn on. the charging indicator is on but the keyboard nor the screen wont light up. i tried to reset the battery by taking it out and putting it back in and nothing. plus theres no battery pinhole..

Unplug the Laptop then press and hold the power button for 12 seconds, plug in and power up

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Lingling
    Lingling Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Ayo_blu said:
    Jack22 said:
    @Ayo_blu

I did research and there is no pinhole for the laptop I have
    Did you ever fix the laptop. If so how. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Ayo_blu said:
    Does anyone know where the battery pinhole is on the nitro 5 gtx 1650 edition my computer won’t boot and that seems to be able to fix it

Saying "nitro 5 gtx 1650" means nothing, give us an exact model number like AN515-xx, usually your problem can be fixed by doing these things:

Do a Battery Reset 

• Press the Power button for 12 seconds to reset the battery

Fix

This is common with Nitro 5 laptops so do the following:

• Take the back cover off
    • Disconnect the battery first and unplug and take the battery out,
    • Then disconnect the RTC (which is the cmos bios battery) see caption below
    • Leave both batteries disconnected for 5 min and then replug both batteries, 
    • Reassemble the laptop and press the Power Key and wait until the bios resets and then your laptop will boot and work 

This RTC battery caption below is for a Nitro AN515-45 but the newer Nitro 5's with the GTX-1650 gpu also have the RTC battery underneath main battery on the left as they either have it on the right or left sides. 

If the above does not work you have circuitry internal issues that need diagnosing by an experienced tech that can measure all components and where the fault is e.g. Super IO, capacitor, fuses, switches etc etc 

• LuisCarlosLuis
    LuisCarlosLuis Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

For me, the procedure above did not work at all.

Can ACER make something about this BUGs ACER nitro laptops?