Acer Aspire E5-576G Backlight keyboard won't turn off

Options
2»

Answers

• samta324
    samta324 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Is there a function called function key behavior in the bios? When you press fn + f9, does the keyboard light not turn off?
    the keyboard light does not turn off when i hit fn + f9. there is no function key behavior setting in the bios.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the Fn+F6 toggle turn the screen on and off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you sure your model has a backlit keyboard? How would you inform the exact model? Example E5-576G-5762
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    egydiocoelho>>>Are you sure your model has a backlit keyboard?>>>

samta324>>>the keyboard light does not turn off>>>

:)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,755 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Maybe there is a problem in the bios? He said that the f9 key works perfectly on that test site. What happens when he installs this driver? https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/IO Drivers/IO Drivers_Intel_30.100.1713.2_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636370800555612914&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE&20ALL=57PI6&SC PA_3
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>He said that the f9 key works perfectly on that test site.>>>

Yes, but I was looking to see if the Fn key might be faulty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>He said that the f9 key works perfectly on that test site.>>>

Yes, but I was looking to see if the Fn key might be faulty. Jack E/NJ

yes fn+f6 turns backlight on and off.

i'll try installing those drivers linked earlier.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    Post the result here.
    The driver is already installed. I tried repairing it and it has not resolved the issue.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check this cable here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer