Acer Aspire E5-576G Backlight keyboard won't turn off

Options
samta324
samta324 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone,
I've had this problem for a while now and figured I should go ahead and make an account for this...
My laptop has had the issue where the backlight on the keyboard will not turn off. Hitting function + F9 does not turn the backlight off and I am unsure why this is the case. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :) 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night samta324 !

What is the version of your Bios?
    Can battery power occur or also?
    Did you verify that Acer Quick Access is installed correctly?
    Already checked in your Bios you have a Keyboard Lighting option?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    Good night samta324 !

What is the version of your Bios?
    Can battery power occur or also?
    Did you verify that Acer Quick Access is installed correctly?
    Already checked in your Bios you have a Keyboard Lighting option?

1. According to command prompt, it is listing my bios version as 1.47
    2. I don't know what this question is asking. 
    3. Acer Quick Access is installed
    4. Yup. I do not have a setting for this in bios.
  • samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    Still waiting for help on this issue
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Just do not turn it off while on the battery or plugged into the power outlet too?

Have you tried resetting the factory system?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    It has been factory reset in the past, with the issue still existing afterwards.
    It is able to run on battery power and both plugged into the wall, if that is what you're asking
  • samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    Any further help is appreciated
  • samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    Still waiting for help on this issue...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Your response was very good JackE. Worth a promotion! It would be great to have the keyboard on all the time, including the battery. However, it is very likely that there will be a significant reduction in battery life!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, this is true. I think MaClane  was trying to find out if the KB backlight still wouldn't turn off on the battery alone. It would be good to find out how to do this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Many users would love to have the keyboard light on all the time on the battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    I am still having this issue months later. The cold boot factory reset option did not work either. Any further help would be appreciated.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    the only possibility that I suggest now, would be to update the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    According to my system information i am on the latest BIOs update. 1.49 is what matches on https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/support-product/7333?b=1&pn=NX.GTSAA.005

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you press the only f9 key on this site, does it work? http://en.key-test.ru/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zulhelmi96
    Zulhelmi96 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I dont know bout you but Im using new Aspire 5 and really nagging about 30 sec auto off backlight as there no way to keep it stays on. I think I rather have the laptop battery to deplete faster than having auto shut off keyboard backlight.XD
  • samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    When you press the only f9 key on this site, does it work? http://en.key-test.ru/
    yes it does work

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you give the exact model of the notebook? Example E5-576G-5762. Also, what is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samta324

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you give the exact model of the notebook? Example E5-576G-5762. Also, what is the version of the bios?

bios according to my system settings

acer laptop is e5-576g, model number according to the bottom of the laptop is N16Q2
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is there a function called function key behavior in the bios? When you press fn + f9, does the keyboard light not turn off?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer