Aspire 4810t unable to install Windows

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried changing sata mode to ide or to ahci?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fenrir13
    Fenrir13 Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options
    yes i have
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    have you tried installing windows 8 or 10 to verify that the camera works?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    what camera, my issue is trying to get windows or even linux to install
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Pardon! I was answering another topic and I got confused! When you change sata mode, does the installation normally occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    sadly no. 
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    would updating the bios help? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe it helps, but it's a risky procedure! Are you sure ssd is not properly connected on the sata port? Can you send me a photo so I can see how it fits?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    well no because that requires me to take the whole bottom section off. 
    i have added some more photos to show the issue, and the machines setup. i did email acer support who said update the bios, but they never got back to me on how do this when there is no OS installed. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I see you're trying to install linux! I'm not sure if Linux is compatible with the caddy! Have you tried installing windows 7 or 10? Also, it is necessary to configure the pendrive correctly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    as i mention before i tried windows 7, 8.5, and 10. i even tried set up the usb pen drive as you had told me. linux was a last choice as im getting desperate
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do the following: connect only ssd to the motherboard's own sata port, without hd support. It will get a little loose, but I believe that this way you will be able to install windows and then disconnect the ssd and put in the caddy!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• trystero77
    trystero77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Fenrir13 did you manage to solve the problem somehow? I have the same problems with my 4810T. It's impossible to install anything, even Cloudready would not go. And I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the caddy or any hardware problems. I think it was connected with the BIOS versions or sth. On the Acer site I found some patches https://www.acer.com/ac/pl/PL/content/support-product/1140?b=1 but I have really no idea how to install them without Windows OS.

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    after trying everything that was suggested, it must be the bios. but you can't update the bios without an os installed. nobody can tell me if there is a work around to that.
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

Options
    i finally found the below solved the issue and i can now get into windows instal menu.

YEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! My 4810T is back D 

The correct filename is JM41X64.fd !!!!

- Download the latest BIOS file from acer site (BIOS_Acer_2.31_A_A.zip)
    - Extract the zip contents and copy these file into the USB Thumbdriver
    - FLA.exe (found in the DOS directory)
    - GPCo231.bin (foudn in the DOS directory)

- Rename the file GPCo231.bin to JM41X64.fd
    - Put the USB Thumbdriver in any free USB Slot
    - Press AND hold FN + ESC keys
    - Press the power button (can be released)