Aspire 4810t unable to install Windows

Fenrir13
Fenrir13 Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
i bought a second hand Aspire 4810t no memory and no hardrive. so i bought new ones. when i try to install windows it tells me no hard drive present. the connector does not seem to fit perfectly it sticks up a little out of the socket. so i tried replacing the dvd with a hdd caddy, the computer now recognises the hdd, but when i try to install windows(i have tried 7,8.5 and 10) im stuck on the swirly screen for hours with nothing else happening. anyone know how to solve the issue?

Answers

• Have you already set up the pendrive and downloaded windows 10 here? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

yes i have, i even tried burning it to dvd and the same issue every time. 
  • Is not HD connected properly here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

i will post a picture later of the adaptor to show you how its fitting? i had issues with that so replaced the dvd with a hdd caddy. still the same install issues. 
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

these are the photos. also in your post showing installing the hard drive, where did you get that from as the manual i have does not have that
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Note that at 2:03 of this video, the sata port is in the correct position:
    https://youtu.be/ileL1lLxITs
    Is the problem in hd support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

i fitted it as shown on the video but no matter what size or type of hdd, the cover wont close properly, its sticks up. even using the hdd caddy replacement for the dvd drive, i still cant install windows, its just stuck on the loading screen. i thought maybe if i updated the bios, but as i cant install an os i have no idea how i can do this. 
  • Can you tell the exact model of the hdd you bought?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

TOSHIBA TR200 240GB SATA ssd, i also tried an old seagate 160 hdd 
  • I see there's something different about these two photos, see:

Also, have you tried connecting ssd directly here, without hdd support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

do those springy metal bits need to be altered?  when i tried without the support the there was a gap of about quarter of inch under the drive putting it an angle. 

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

do these help? also i cant really see a difference with my photos and yours, could you be a bit more exact and what the difference is?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Let's start at the beginning okay! You said at the beginning this "the computer now recognizes the hdd, but when i try to install windows (i have tried 7,8.5 and 10) im stuck on the swirly screen for hours with nothing else happening"! That means the bios recognizes the ssd that is on the caddy adapter, correct? With "swirly", you meant that the installation gets stuck on the windows or Acer screen, correct?
    can you access the windows installation and ssd is recognized inside the windows installation?
    Have you configured the pendrive for mbr and placed the microsoft iso in pendrive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I believe the problem is occurring, why you are not set up the pendrive properly! This notebook, has the bios conventional, which means you should convert the pendrive to mbr, like this:

Then extract the iso and copy the files from the windows to the pendrive: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Once that's done, go to the bios and put the pendrive first in the boot section! Save when you leave and the installation should begin!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

the only way to get it to recognise the hdd is using a caddy(picture attached), i used the microsoft media creation tool to create the usb drive. i don't even get into the installation section i just get a windows logo and the swirly dots. 
  • Fenrir13

Tinkerer

will try what you say and let you if it works.
  • Instead of letting the program itself convert the pendrive, choose the option that downloads the iso from microsoft and then convert the pendrive manually and report the result!
    In the caddy, there is also a selector button here!
    Resultado de imagem para caddy button
    Try installing windows in all positions!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

it does not have a selector
  • About installing windows 10, did you do as I explained?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fenrir13

Tinkerer

i have done everything and still stuck on the swirly dots of doom. i think it might be worth scraping the machine.