Acer Gaming Series ED323QURA 32" Power

Options
RulesPlanet
RulesPlanet Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I am having an issue with: 

Acer Gaming Series ED323QURA 32" power supply

The power to the monitor does not stay on. This happened out-of-nowhere. I was in mid-use, the display shut off and everything moved to my second monitor. I have tried plugging into different computer and different power source to no avail. When I plug the machine in, the blue light will flick on and then off. If I push up on the power supply (with minor force) on the back of the monitor, the monitor will turn on and stay on until I let go. There is obviously some type of issue with the connection here. I have only had the monitor since 2-6-19 (a little over 100 days) and did not expect such terrible quality after such short time. Does anyone have any suggestions? If I repair, what do you think would need to be replaced? 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @RulesPlanet
    Try a power drain on the monitor first.
    Unplug all wires that connects to the monitor including the power cable and press and hold the power button on the monitor for 40 Sec, than connect all wires and check. If still you have same issue than send it in for repair

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RulesPlanet
    RulesPlanet Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This did not work. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is not a lot that can go wrong with the power input, it's a physical socket that the power jack plugs into. Typically a problem will show up if the wires connecting to the plug get tweaked enough to break internally or if there's been some soft of damage to the socket, pulling it away from it's mount. IIRC the socket is soldered to the motherboard, along with the various video connectors and depending on model USB or audio connectors. You should be in warranty still though so you don't need to do much more diagnostics, just contact Acer support and arrange for a replacement (or with your vendor, since that'll be faster if you are still in the window).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.