next@acer 2020

Which cable do I use to connect to external interactive monitor?

What cable do I use to connect an interactive monitor to my swift 3 sf314-51 laptop? Acer Answers said that Swift 3, "do not have an HDMI port to output video to an external monitor.  Instead, these models use a USB-C port to output video to an external monitor”. My laptop HAS a HDMI port so I am confused as to what cable to use.

Best Answer

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 1,044 Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @virginiab,

Click here to know about cable which you can use to have external monitor connected with laptop. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie ACE Posts: 1,044 Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @virginiab,

Click here to know about cable which you can use to have external monitor connected with laptop. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• virginiabvirginiab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks, I will try that cable. I just wonder why ACER Answers said there is no HDMI port on my laptop when there clearly is one. 
  • WEBOWEBO Member Posts: 1 New User
    read notes above and I am also confused. My Laptop HDMI cable to TV HDMI works, but from my laptop HDMI to monitor VGA via an adaptor does not.
    Any suggestions please