SB220Q bi monitor refuses to go past post screen.

Options
AnthrAdorableBoy
AnthrAdorableBoy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I've been dealing with this issue since I got the monitor and I've double checked drivers, reset resolutions, and changed settings multiple times to try and get it to be consistent. I got it working in the best state I've been able to for a few months now but the reality seems to be that it just has incredibly finicky resolution perimeters. 

To list a few issues I've been having, after purchasing the model, the only way to get it to work with my computer was to cycle turn it off and on until it eventually worked. Generally about 10 minutes straight would get it eventually so I knew it wasn't a straight compatibility issue. During this time it would remain a black screen and sometimes would have the input not supported message, though even this was random at times, but it would eventually work. But beyond that it seems random when it decides that the input is acceptable. 

Any game I'd be playing that wanted to change to a separate fullscreens resolution and would change native resolution. To accommodate, had about a 80% chance of just freaking out the monitor so that it'd stay black again. Now the input not supported message wouldn't come up with this error. It would just stay blackened. A couple alt tabs later and it might work, or for certain games, cycling the power on the monitor once again was my only solution. 

The coup de gras today was when I turned on my computer today from sleep mode ( my general method to avoid the issues the monitor would have from my booting pc ) the monitor just refused to accept the input again. This time with about 20 minutes of checking wires and fiddling with the single input setting on the monitor itself when it's in this state, I'm just kind of throwing in the towel now.

Only had the monitor about 7 months and I think I've put up with this a little too long. I'm posting this in the questions area since I can't seem to find anyone else having a similar issue to me through simple searching. Help would be appreciated otherwise I'm likely going to find a new monitor.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    @AnthrAdorableBoy

The best option to isolate the issue is to connect the monitor to another computer and if you still have the same issue, you may contact Acer technician in your region. Since the monitor is only 7 months it should be in warranty. Acer support will help you with best resolution.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!