Please HELP ME!! ACER ASPIRE ES1-432-C79F Turns on but after a few minutes screen goes blank/black

Chadchad06
Chadchad06 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
PLease help me , DO I NEED TO FLASH THE BIOS to fix this??

when i turn on my laptop it turns on  but after a few minutes the screen goes black w/ back light on, sometimes it last longer but if my charger it will go black immediately
i tried to reformat / replace the HDD (re-install windows 10 "once" when black screen is not occuring) , also reseat the ram and tried other RAM but it doest work also

can someone help me please do i need to update or flash the bios?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If you HDMI out to sa TV screen, does it act the same way? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chadchad06

Tinkerer

yes , and im pretty sure that problem is not with the display or the monitor, sometimes it will last longer but most of the time it took only 5 minutes and display will go black , backlight is on but it has no display, i tried to reinstall the OS but i cant complete it because randomly the screen goes black
  • JackE
    Sorry, this suggests the integrated graphics has a heat-induced failure. Probably due to a loose solder connection. A less than 50% chance that a mainboard solder reflow might resolve the issue. Might be worth a try. ACER refurbished mainboards are less than $50. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• topcat7736
    topcat7736 Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Several of these machines have the same problem. Since it functions OK in the BIOS mode, the hardware may not be defective. I would try the video driver first.

Once the machine is booted up, and before it goes black, go to the below site & download and install Driver Booster. You only want the free one and don't install any of their extra things. If you're nearing the end of the screen being on, reboot the machine and  then run the driver booster program. It will find the drivers you need but you will need to allow the program to install them. You'll need to reboot the machine after the drivers have been updated. (This is a safe and FREE program to use)!
    https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php
  • Chadchad06

Tinkerer

Several of these machines have the same problem. Since it functions OK in the BIOS mode, the hardware may not be defective. I would try the video driver first.

Once the machine is booted up, and before it goes black, go to the below site & download and install Driver Booster. You only want the free one and don't install any of their extra things. If you're nearing the end of the screen being on, reboot the machine and  then run the driver booster program. It will find the drivers you need but you will need to allow the program to install them. You'll need to reboot the machine after the drivers have been updated. (This is a safe and FREE program to use)!
    https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php
    Yes i tried to run the bios mode for a several hours and i didnt encounter the problem, so i also think that there's nothing wrong on the hardware components. ok  i will try that , hoping that the unit will cooperate with me and not turn off while installing it

• Chadchad06

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry, this suggests the integrated graphics has a heat-induced failure. Probably due to a loose solder connection. A less than 50% chance that a mainboard solder reflow might resolve the issue. Might be worth a try. ACER refurbished mainboards are less than $50. Jack E/NJ   
    thanks for your response, i will search for that method, but sir when im on BIOS Mode i didnt experience any shutting down issue on my unit, its just when im on windows and after the acer logo appear, so i dont think it has a problem with the hardware components.
  • Nanashi
    Nanashi Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Have you tried running it in safe mode? If I'm correct it wont black screen in safe mode.
  • Anna19
    Anna19 Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
    How to run safe mode? 
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below to reset your machine to factory fresh state or refresh it while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anna19
    When i did the alt and f10 the please wait... Appeared below acer logo, after few minutes the screen turned black? What do I do? 
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button again till machine turns off. Then turn it on again and immediately press F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Click on Main tab and make sure F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then save and exit BIOS settings. Then shut the machine off again. Turn it back on and immediately try the ALT+F10 reset again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Heartruth
    Heartruth Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with ES-432-C79F :-( 
  • JackE
    Then try pressing and holding the power button till machine turns off. Then turn it on again and immediately press F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Click on Main tab and make sure F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then save and exit BIOS settings. Then shut the machine off again. Turn it back on and immediately try the ALT+F10 reset again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• I think in this case, it is only worth updating the bios, despite being a risky procedure.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Anna19
    JackE did the steps you taught me. Went to BIOS main enabled d2d and the f12.. Pressed f10. Turned on press alt+f10 onky wait appreared then blank screen again with backlight on..

Is there other way? 
  • JackE

No. You must completely shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold ALT key while tapping F10 key at the same time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anna19
    JackE I did the process to no avail. But I have tried ressetting the battery with paper clip in 10 seconds and then charged it for 15 minutes.. Then tadaaa it started normally.. Then i shut it down properly. This morning, I turned it on, black screen with backlight on is back =(

Help please
  • JackE
    Then do the paper clip trick again. Then let it rest for about 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in. Then let the battery charge overnight. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anna19
    The 10 seconds paper clip battery setting? 15 minutes rest, then plug it overnight? Is that correct? 
  • Anna19
    JackE I already did charge the battery overnight, and successfully turned it on. While working 2 hours using adobe photoshop and powerpoint again it turned blank. I immediated long press the power button to turn it off  then attached the charger immediately and turned it on again Acer logo appeard few seconds black screen.. =(