144hz screen?Cooling/Framedrop issues??

Options
Alexis3335
Alexis3335 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,I am considering buying the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-52-77A4 and it says it has a 144hz screen,is that correct?
Here's the website I saw it on:https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=123856
Also,some reviews said that it has cooling issues and framedrop issues,is it true?
Specs:Intel Core i7 8750H@2.2Ghz
16 GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5
17.3 Inch screen@144hz
1 TB HDD+256 GB SSD

Thank you for your time.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night Alexis3335 !

See the specs for this model: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/NH.Q3DAA.001

Any appliance that is not properly refrigerated will perform poorly.
    Just use caution and proper settings.
    In the same way that you will find users mentioning problems you will find others that the device works perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    All laptops generate heat and must compensate for it. As user @MaClane says, it is very user dependent. Without proper care any laptop will eventually suffer and overheat, no matter the brand or price. If you're diligent with upkeep, you can make literally any laptop last. 
  • Alexis3335
    Alexis3335 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello,I understand what you are saying but I've seen reviews and since the heatpipes goes across both the CPU and GPU before reaching the fans,the cooling is worse than in other laptops.How can I make sure it cools well?
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    The most common solution is to open the laptop and reapply a more efficient thermal paste. Some people even use liquid metal thermal interface material. There are also a number of performance throttling measures you can make within the operating system to tweak the temperatures (Intel XTU, ThrottleStop, MSi Afterburner, etc).