I have lost control over my c drive...i by mistake removed the permissions

sidpriyam
sidpriyam Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I cannot restore the permissions nor can access the c drive...and cant change any setting for it 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Does the black screen still appear? Have you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the predator logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sidpriyam

Tinkerer

In the above link it said i have to install the windows fresh and resetting it won't help so can you please provide me with the backup of os that came with asus predator 300 indian version (i5 8gen, 1050ti, 128 ssd 1hhd). Because if i will install the windows then it will remove the backup of acer apps.
  • No, I refer to this tip:
    You can fix this though:
    1. Go to the parent folder of the one you changed permissions, right click and go to properties > "Security"
    Example: Lets say you changed permissions on this folder C:\program files\allgames\game saves
    The parent folder I'm talking about is:
    C:\program files\allgames
    (See how it's one level closer to the root of C: )
    2. Click "Advanced"
    3. Click "Change Permissions..."
    4. The key box that you need to check is "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object"
    5. Click "Apply
    Author: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/permissions-of-my-c-drive.3064291/post-19125156
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

I lost access to whole c drive not to a specific folder
  • Do you have a user account as an administrator? Do not you have access to this setting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

The user account i have is having administrator rights but because had removed the permissions i cant access it
  • If you can access the configuration I showed above, do this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

As u can see it
  • Okay, I get it now!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

Followed the same but after restarting it is stuck on black screen after the predator logo 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Does the black screen still appear? Have you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the predator logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

Yes...did a hard reset still black screen after the process 
  • Is the image displayed on an external monitor? Have you tried resetting the internal battery? Can you access the recovery options with the alt + f10 command?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

Yes i did hard reset by options under alt+10 menu
  • sidpriyam

Tinkerer

After the process completed it asked for some inputs but. After that "please wait" window came and after that black screen
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited May 2019
    Are there any important files that need to be saved? Have you tried choosing the option that erases the hard drive?
    https://youtu.be/cpzLJRAZldA

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

Yes i did now the windows is stuck on this page after the predator logo
  • It is possible that windows is downloading some updates! That already happened too!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sidpriyam

Tinkerer

Yes that already happened and after that the screen went black and nothing happened...as was happening after predator logo..