Am I worth buying a Predator XB273K for consol gaming?

Hammy86
Hammy86 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I am a consol gamer and currently use an old but reliable Benq monitor for gaming. I am looking to upgrade to a Predator XB273k (XB3). The monitor will be a big purchase for me and as such I have a question before committing. I currently use an Xbox one x which as I’m sure everyone is aware has an hdmi 2.1 output. The XB273K has a hdmi 2.0 input. If i were to buy the fore mentioned monitor would it’s fetures be availible to me like gsync,vrr, hdr etc or are the fetures listed only availible through the display port 1.4 input? What can I hope to achieve from the monitor with an hdmi input and do you think there will be scope for this monitor in the future with the progression of hdmi 2.1, is there plans for an hdmi 2.1 to display port 1.4 adapter? I appreciate the hdmi 2.0 will give me 4K @ 60hz capability, I just want to know about the other monitor fetures and if they are supported through hdmi. 

Sorry for the long winded question. 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Hammy86,

Yep... From my point it is really worth buying Acer's XB273K gaming monitor. To get a clear picture about this monitor features and why it is worth.... have a look to this review page --- Acer XB273K Review: 4K HDR 144Hz G-SYNC Gaming Monitor
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• SourabhMJR
    SourabhMJR Member Posts: 4 New User
    @Hammy86 Thekey features of Acer Predator XB273K are, it has an excellent refresh rate and supports G-SYNC for a nearly tear-free gaming experience. The VRR range is excellent provided you use the DisplayPort. If you use the HDMI port, the 4k VRR maximum is 60Hz due to bandwidth limitations, and the HDMI VRR range at 1080p is 24Hz to 98Hz. It's an excellent choice @Hammy86 go for it.