lag spikes while gaming Nitro AN515-53 i5-8300H NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050-Ti

Options
smokeythebandit
smokeythebandit Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just got this laptop a few months ago and i notice i get lag spikes while playing games. They happen every 30 seconds or so and last for about 2-5 seconds. It's strange because i can run the game im playing on ultra at about 50 fps. Even if i put the graphics to low it will still lag. Ive tried so many things that ive read online and nothing has worked so far. Changing the nvidia control panel stuff to high powered has helped a little bit, i think, but hasnt solved the issue. If anyone can help id really appreciate it, or if you need more info just let me know. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When in game and experiencing the lag/stutter, what are your average GPU and CPU temperatures? There are several free monitoring programs linked in my signature if you don't already have one installed.

Two other things? What type of harddrive is the game installed on? How much overall system memory does the laptop have?
  • smokeythebandit
    Options
    I have an SSD with 250gigs. When gaming my temperature according to Nitrosense is an average of 87degrees with CPU, and about 70 degrees for GPU. If i turn on my fan to max and put cool boost on, the temperatures are an average of 77 degrees for CPU, and 60 degrees for GPU. I notice on Nitrosense, that my GPU is at 0%. Does this mean my graphics card isnt running?
  • smokeythebandit
    Options
    nevermind my GPU is at 0% only when i pause the game.
  • smokeythebandit
    edited May 2019
    Options
    that was Celsius btw. sorry

also idk why my question says solved.. probably did something on accident