Predator Orion 3000 - RAM upgrade!

Options
Rribeiro
Rribeiro Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

Hello there,

I recently purchased a Orion 3000 (PO3-600-EB1) and was wondering what is the best way to upgrade its RAM.

Considering that it comes with 2x8gb of DDR4 2666MHz:

1)  Should I be adding 2 more 8gb slots or just 1x16gb?

2)  Also, how many slots does the motherboard has?

3)  Can I go up to 32gb or 64gb?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    These programs and games you've quoted do not need a lot of ram! I believe the program that will benefit the most if you choose to install more ram memories, would be the video rendering programs, in addition, these programs also require quite a lot of the processor. However, I believe 32GB would already be more than enough to use these programs.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can opt for crucial, samsung, kingston, adata!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rribeiro

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your help, Egydio.
    You think I will get more performance if I add 2x16gb in those two free slots I have?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Look! It depends on the type of program you will be using on the desktop! Do you use the desktop in games or programs that require a lot of RAM?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rribeiro

Tinkerer

Options
    Games like PUBG, CS:GO (which is currently running perfectly) and Diablo 3.
    But I also do some rendering on 3DS Max.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    These programs and games you've quoted do not need a lot of ram! I believe the program that will benefit the most if you choose to install more ram memories, would be the video rendering programs, in addition, these programs also require quite a lot of the processor. However, I believe 32GB would already be more than enough to use these programs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rribeiro

Tinkerer

Options
    Awesome, thanks for your help.
    Last question would be if I should be looking for a specific brand for those memories or if you recommend any of them? 

Tks again!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can opt for crucial, samsung, kingston, adata!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rribeiro

Tinkerer

Options
    Would you mind to post some hyperlinks from amazon.ca for those options, please buddy? I couldn't find it due to my lack of knowledge, lol. It has some many codes that I get lost and I don't wanna risk buying something wrong. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would like you to send some settings from your current ram using aida64:

288-pin memories should be compatible: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ddr4+16gb+2666&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rribeiro

Tinkerer

Options
    That image shows DDR-3 1333... Or it was just an example?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    it's just an example.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer