Nitro 5 Laptops with 4k Monitor. (Not working 60Hz)

Jktigerbkk
Jktigerbkk Member Posts: 3 New User
Dear all,
I'm having a trouble in trying to connect my new Nitro 5 Laptop (Ryzen 2500 U) with Samsung 4k Monitor (U28E590D).
I think I tried every tips to make it but not yet made it (changed quality HDMI 2.0 cable twice) And the monitor works well with my desktop with GTX 1050. 

What else can I try? Has anybody have the same case?  
(I will try usb-c to displayport soon but may lose money again)

Somebody help me please. 

Best Answer

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    At 4K resolution the Samsung U28E590D only supports 30Hz on an HDMI connection. You have to be on DisplayPort connection for 60Hz. Or lower the resolution.

The Nitro 5 does not support video out through the usb-c port so you would most definitely be wasting your money on that cable.
  • Jktigerbkk
    Thank you very much for saving my time. 
  • Jktigerbkk
    By the way, my Nitro 5 works well @60Hz with latest Samsung 4k monitor LU28H750UQEXXT; U28E590 seems to be released in 2015.
    What makes the difference?  
  • Én
    Én Member Posts: 1 New User
    Az acer nitro 5-nek így is 4k kijelzője van, nem értem miért kell külön monitor
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Én said:
    Az acer nitro 5-nek így is 4k kijelzője van, nem értem miért kell külön monitor

Please start a new topic for your question and you will get mire response using Google Translate

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• kidalabama
    kidalabama Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2022
    i bought yesterday new Acer Nitro 5 an515-45-r59g Ryzen 5 5600h and Nvidia rtx 3050. I have got lg 4k 60 hz monitor. Hdmi, type-c and display port. I tested type c and hdmi cables but only 29 Hz 4k and 8k color depth running. I am very sad. I am installed latest nvidia and and drivers and windows 11
  • kidalabama
    kidalabama Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2022
    i bought yesterday new Acer Nitro 5 an515-45-r59g Ryzen 5 5600h and Nvidia rtx 3050. I have got lg 4k 60 hz monitor. Hdmi, type-c and display port. I tested type c and hdmi cables but only 29 Hz 4k and 8k color depth running. I am very sad. I am installed latest nvidia and and drivers and windows 11
    https://www.akakce.com/displayport-donusturucu/en-ucuz-usb-type-c-to-displayport-kablo-1-8m-fiyati,941502831.html#m-gallery

Is this cable solve my problem ?

Or display port to hdmi cable. ?