4meg ram chips fitted but will only allow 2.75 ram to be used ?

Options
Quo
Quo Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi All have this Veriton M464 running windows 7  and need to run a program requiring 4mb or more, so fitted new suited chips to 4mb but it will only use 2.75 of ram although recognising the 4mb installed ? Also I note that when I look at the device manager it shows the co-processor not installed correctly and shows the yellow exclamation mark . When I go to download or upgrade the software it cannot do it and says drivers for this device not installed (code 28) 
Looking deeper the mainboard ID is a MCP730  
Bios version 08.00.15
SMBIOS 2.5
System BIOS id RO1-A4 
BIOS releas date 06/02/2008 

Two questions how can I get the software to update the driver for the coprocessor ?
Does the BIOS also need updating ?

Any help appreciated Paul 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning Quo !

What version of Windows, 32 or 64 bits?
    Check here to update your drivers:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/479;-;

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Quo
    Options
    The system is a 32 bit Kind regards 
  • MaClane
    edited May 2019
    Options
    32-bit systems have access limit to RAM management and no more than 4Gb can be attached.
    So, with the percentage consumed by Windows and GPU only 2.4 to 2.9Gb are available.
    Only x64 bits can manage more RAM.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Quo
    Options
    can this machine be upgraded to a 64 bit machine at all , and if so how can it be achieved please 
  • MaClane
    Options
    Yes.
    Just go to the Microsoft website and download an official ISO x64 and proceed with the installation.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™