Acer Aspire 5942G flash BIOS

Georgesydney
Georgesydney Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I updated the BIOS based on the drivers I found on the Acer website but looks like the laptop didn't like the BIOS version. Now I have to flash the BIOS through USB and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the right files I should put on the USB.

The drivers found on the 5942G https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/1883;-; didn't do the trick (Or maybe I'm doing something wrong). I downloaded the drivers, copied the DOS folder files in the USB. There are 2 FD files, 1 ROM and a BIOS.bat along with other files as well.
I tried copying the whole thing, pressing the FN and ESC as instructed but nothing happens after. Even when I leave the laptop for 15 -20 minutes.

Now here are the files in the DOS folder based on the 1.07 BIOS version:

• TEST42.EXE
  • SPROM.EXE
  • SPI.EXE
  • READBID.EXE
  • NCQD1_4M.fd
  • NCQD1_2M.fd
  • NBREV_CP.EXE
  • LOG.TXT
  • KBAARELS.TXT
  • KBAA107A.rom
  • GETAC.EXE
  • FLASHIT.EXE
  • Flash.BAT
  • EC.BAT
  • CHECKSUM.COM
  • BIOS.bat
Do I need all these files on the USB? Do I need to rename any of them? Cause copying as is didn't work at all.

Appreciate any help I could get with this please.

Thanks,
G

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night Georgesydney !

Firstly, what was the reason for updating Bios?

Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Outside this is a process that should be avoided to the maximum, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Georgesydney
    Georgesydney Member Posts: 2 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good night Georgesydney !

Firstly, what was the reason for updating Bios?

Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Outside this is a process that should be avoided to the maximum, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Yea I think I established that already since I'm posting about it in the Acer forums. Wasn't supposed to update it.
    Appreciate help in solving the issue?