RAM upgrade help( Predator G3-710 )

Options
001michal002
001michal002 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited May 2019 in Predator Desktops
I have an Acer Predator G3-710 from 2014 with a i7-6700 CPU, GTX 970 GPU and 8GB of RAM. I feel that it doesnt have enough RAM so I want to upgrade it. The RAM that I wish to purchase is the Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB, but I am not sure if it's going to work with my motherboard. Does anyone have any idea if it will work together with my motherboard, and if no, does anyone know what other type of RAM might work with it?

Note: I'm new to PC building/upgrading

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning 001michal002!

Firstly, what EXACT model of your Acer?
    Example: G3-710-AU01
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The G3-710 supports DDR4 1.2V 2400 MHz memory, so thev3200MHz will not work. It does look like they make a 2400 version of that stick though. Verify it's the low voltage version.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 001michal002

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane how can I check that?
  • 001michal002

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey so I can only buy RAM that supports 2400MHz and lower, right?
  • MaClane
    Options
    Good Morning 001michal002 !

See the link to correctly identify the model of your desktop:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-serial-number-desktops

By default, the motherboard in this series supports a maximum of 64GB of RAM (4 slots 4 x 16GB each) DDR4 2133 / 2400Mhz.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• 001michal002

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane
    Oh ok, thanks for the help. Is there a big difference between 3200mhz and 2400mhz? Will it be any noticable?
  • MaClane
    Options
    For a dual-channel system in final performance only if some applications needed.
    But your model does not support this frequency.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• 001michal002

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane
    But 2400mhz should work fine?
  • MaClane
    Options
    According to the specifications and the service manual, it would work perfectly.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Willy231
    Willy231 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    ood evening, i would like to ask about Memory and that of the Predator G3-710
    Model name: AG3-710 Part number: DG.E08EC.004

I currently have DDR4-2133 / PC4-17000 but I want to know if I can data G.SKILL 64GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo
  • Willy231
    Willy231 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    if the motherboard allows it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I answered you in the other thread. Basically you can pay the extra price for that memory, but it will run at the same 2133MHz speed as your stock memory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.