No FreeSync option in KG221Q

Options
naman312010
naman312010 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Good afternoon
I have an Acer KG221Q K1 and it is supposed to have FreeSync over HDMI. My concern is that, there is no option in monitor's menu to turn on FreeSync and even after turning it on from my Radeon card, there is still significant frame chopping. When I asked this from customer care, they forwarded me links from searches, and no concrete answer.

So, what should I do to enable FreeSync? And how do I verify if it is already enabled?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning naman312010!

What is the exact model of your GPU?
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane It is RX 570 4GB
  • MaClane
    Options
    Is this the exact model of the monitor?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.WX1EE.005

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes,  it is @MaClane
  • MaClane
    Options
    Have you tried another HDMi cable?
    Set the frequency of Windows to 75Hz?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    the frequency is set to 75, but can the HDMI make a difference?
  • MaClane
    Options
    Yes.
    Firstly, the cable may be defective or not approved.
    And the version must be compatible with the card, in versions (1.4, 2.0, etc).

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    I shall confirm and get bact to you
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell the exact model of the computer too?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane it seems I am using an HDMI 1.4 instead of 2.0, which might be the reason.
    @egydiocoelho it is an assembled desktop. Do you need the specs?
  • MaClane
    Options
    @MaClane it seems I am using an HDMI 1.4 instead of 2.0, which might be the reason.
    @egydiocoelho it is an assembled desktop. Do you need the specs?

You really can.
    I advise you to get an approved 2.0 cable and test it.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    Will take a few days before I get the cable. Will get back to you on this
  • MaClane
    Options
    OK!
    I'm waiting!
    Go back and report the result!
    If you need anything, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I agree with colleague MaClane about the hdmi 2.0 cable! Post the result here later!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • naman312010

Tinkerer

Options
    Got the cable earlier than expected! The chopping seems to have gone down, but how do I verify that FreeSync is working?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is there any option in the video card settings to enable g-sync? Some monitors support both free-sync and g-sync!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @TaDaa!
    I suggest you check this link, because some monitors that support the free-sync technology have also been certified with g-sync technology and vice versa:
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/8/18220853/nvidia-g-sync-support-freesync-monitor-gaming
    https://www.windowscentral.com/list-all-nvidia-g-sync-compatible-freesync-monitors

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @TaDaaYes my friend. I know that! Actually I was wrong to post the term g-sync! However, the quality of the cable does influence the identification of the free-sync. Some models only enable free-sync technology on the hdmi 2.0 cable or the dp cable!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.