Acer switch 10 SW5-012 keyboard not working

SarahF
SarahF Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi all, 
the keyboard and integrated mouse no longer work. I really can’t do much on the laptop now. It allows me to input my password using my keyboard but after it gets in to my home screen I no longer can use the keyboard and the mouse icon does not appear on the screen.
i have tried to restart from factory setting but don’t have any media installation so can’t do that. I’m not sure what that media is to be honest. 
Really hoping someone might be able to help me. Thanks a million 
sarah 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Shut the laptop completely off. Remove the charger. Look on the bottom for a pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for about 15 mins. Then plug the charger back in and turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SarahF
    SarahF Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for your help but it didn’t work. No mouse on screen still
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Ok. If you can access Device Manager with an external mouse, click on the Keyboards folder and uninstall the standard keyboard and keyboard device. Exit Device Manager. Shut down the machine. Then turn it back on again and let Windows re-detect and re-install the KB and its integrated device. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ