Acer Swift 3 While login it says this is not available anymore due to a safety reason

Tahnee
Tahnee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
all of a sudden I cannot seem to login into my laptop anymore. It starts up, the login screen appears. So far so good. Normally I login with fingerprint. This does not work. Alternative is a pincode, but it says this is not available anymore due to a safety reason. So at his point there is no option to login. Any ideas?
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Shut the machine completely off. Remove the charger. Look on the bottom for a pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip for about 10 seconds. Then wipe the fingerprint reader with a clean cloth. Then plug the charger back in. Then turn the machine on. Jack E/Nj

Jack E/NJ

• grannieannie
    grannieannie Member Posts: 1 New User

Hiya Jack I just tried the solution above on the off chance it might work but it didn't. However the circumstances are different. I dropped my beloved Acer down some stairs and the screen no longer comes on. Linked it to my TV screen and there is was BUT none of the pins I tried to use to open it have worked and I am just wondering if you might have an alternative idea? I'm scared I'm going to lose all my precious content before I have the chance to transfer to a new Aspire lop top? Hope you may be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you in anticipation.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Keyboard probably damaged or its connector loose in the fall. Try entering pin with an external usb keyboard.

Jack E/NJ